Located in San Diego, California, AnaBios aims to establish the safety and efficacy of novel compounds through its advanced, human-focused translational technologies.
AnaBios’ human tissue-based methods provide a very powerful strategy that combines the benefit of in vivo measurements (in animals) with the ability to generate human data (ex vivo) to overcome the challenges of cross-species translation.
AnaBios’s objective is to generate human ex vivo data for the biopharmaceutical industry:
- Target identification, MOA investigation, compound profiling on human tissue
- Tests in hDRG for PAIN drug discovery
- Neurotoxicity test in hDRG
- Safety pharmacology assays with human cardiomyocytes and tissue preparations
ANABIOS NEUROSCIENCE EXPERTISE
AnaBios offers early human insights into the drug development process and is redefining “First-in-Human” studies. Leveraging extensive knowledge of human tissue procurement and strategic utilization, AnaBios provides the unprecedented opportunity to de-risk drug development programs by assessing the safety and efficacy of drugs directly in human tissues and cells at the preclinical stage.
Human tissue-based assays
Human dorsal root ganglia (hDRG) cultured neurons from Normal and Chronic Pain Donors
Techniques (Assays in isolated adult hDRG neurons):
– Electrophysiology – current clamp
– Calcium imaging with electrical field stimulation